View Single Post
Unread 11-10-2002, 02:20 PM   #111
Puzzdre
Cooling Savant

LOL!

Quote:
when taking the easy/fast route;: if everything is finished and you mount the block, and you are sitting there enjoying your rebuilt pc some. u will start to thinkthinkthink whatif i spent some more sweat on working out a more difficult design, would i have gotten better performance? then before u know it, you will start working out that difficult design to c if it does perform better, and then u will have spent, double the amount of time for the same result. anyway, that how it mostly works for my twisted self.
Exact description of me too. Congrat's!!!

For the circular pattern, I thought to make it mirror like (actually the two parts are the same), but I can also try to turn the top 180 deg and see how it performs not mirror like. I'll try it!

For the drill dia, for square pattern I used 4 mm HSS-super bit, and for circular 3.5 mm bit same quality. For 4 mm bit I went 4 mm deep, and for 3.5 mm bit slightly deeper, dunno for sure (accuracy of the drill press) something 4.25 to 4.5 mm plus the conical pit of the tip of the drill (I just measured the depth of several pits )

One thing for punching the start pits, don't be afraid to punch them good, the drill really start easily when you got the pits good enough (not just lightly hit to mark the starter, but create a starting point of no return ).

Very interesting and informig site that tapmatic! Goota look into it a little deeper (and do saves to HDD)

Thx again!!

PS: just a little pic of the mill bit I used to cut the channels, bottom one (1.5 mm dia), compared to middle 1.0 mm dia, and top 0.5 mm dia...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg millbits.jpg (14.1 KB, 146 views)