Thread: Dual DDC-Case
View Single Post
Unread 10-21-2005, 09:41 PM   #9
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemist
Ive read that before, i understand what you are saying, regardless a single 1/2" modded ddc is better than a D5. And despite the small difference in temp 2 1/2" modded ddcs are a (relatively) good value if youre looking for highest performance. Two would have similar heat dump to a D5 but much, much higher head. Also, the results are using older blocks, cpu's etc. Newer blocks with newer hotter procs, and newer better rads, would produce a larger delta, a loop with multiple blocks would as well. I agree with you on the value front (on a single block loop) one pump is sufficient.
Block count is not to relevant. Adding 2 more blocks to the loop isn't going to change things much. If you have 3GPM with 1 block, 2GPM with 2 blocks and 1GPM with 3 blocks your temp difference will only be about 1-3C. And thats assuming 1GPM loss per block which shouldn't be the case. So you are looking at about a 1-4C warmer running comp with sticking with one $75 pump as opposed to spending $150 for 2 DDC's and whatever the mod cost. 3-4C is nothing in reality. IMO certainly not worth the extra cost.

Anyway I am much more practical than many enthusiests. Nothing wrong with hooking those pumps up in series and the guy looks to have done a pretty good job doing it. Would prefer Delrin though for a production unit.
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote