View Single Post
Unread 09-10-2003, 01:25 AM   #16
Gooserider
Cooling Savant

I'm not happy either...

I recieved the peice of tubing that I had ordered today, and, like Unapimp, I am also unhappy.

The tubing was as Unapimp described, yellowish (not a big deal) and smelling of ciggarette smoke. It also had some kind of dirty residue on it, but that may have been manufacturing preservative coating. It was appropriately packaged.

However, the tubing was not branded or marked, and was quite stiff.

I am not happy with this tubing, and consider Mike's advertising to be somewhat less than honest. However I am also somewhat at fault in that I failed to ask what formulation Tygon he was selling.

Mike - I would like to arrange to return the tubing and get a refund of my $13.00, as I would NOT have purchased this tubing if I had known what formulation it was. In the interest of giving you a reasonable chance to respond either here or via PM, I will wait until this Friday, 9/12/03, before leaving negative heat or taking any other action. I am also sending you a copy of this message via PM. (If you respond via PM, I will let folks on this thread know, w/ summary of events)

Just FYI...
It is worth noting that my MSC big book listing of propeties for TYGON formulations didn't include C210-A, although they do carry Tygothane tubing. It appears they don't consider Tygothane to be 'real' Tygon.

Entering a search on McMasters for 'Tygon' gets a totally different set of pages from the results of a search for 'Tygothane' - in other words, searching for Tygon won't give you a listing for C210-A tubing, (But WILL find several other Tygon formulations) and searching for Tygothane won't give you R3603 tubing, or any other Tygon formulations. This implies that McMasters doesn't think of C210-A as 'real' Tygon either.

Code:
Per McMasters; Tygothane C210-A vs. Tygon R3603
 ID     OD   Wall    Bend rad  PSI@73*F  P/N      $/ft
1/2"   3/4"  1/8"     1 3/4"     46    5549K39    2.31 
1/2"   3/4"  1/8"     1 1/2"     25    5554K19    3.42
Also per McMasters:
Tygon Formulation: C- 210-A
Temp. Range: - 100° to +175° F
Color: Clear
Durometer, Shore A: 82
Tensile Strength: 6050 psi
Elongation: 500%