View Single Post
Unread 11-29-2006, 05:15 AM   #1
Brenus69
Cooling Neophyte

Default Another Newbie DOH!!!!!

Just joined up site looks great hope when i find my feet a bit with all this i can help others out.

Sorry to start with some some questions but i am new to all this and a bit stuck.

I have had lan nas servers for a while and found them pretty good but just bought a snap 1100 160gb off ebay. When i recieved this i had the solid green system light a few blips from the hdd light and nothing else quickly realised there was no hdd in it . After swearing for a few mins i put an old 20gb ide drive in to see if it worked and it did fire up. Problem i have got is i cannot get an i.p address for the config pages. Its plugged in my netgear 834b cable router and i believe this is supposed to dhcp it an i.p address but nothing. Although when i first plug it into the router the net led does flash for a while. Firewall is off on my router but still nothing. Any Help would be much appreciated.

Also cant get the server to power off from the little square button at the back Tried holding it in, pressing it quick, nothing seems to power this server down without cutting the power. Any ideas ??

Once again appologies for the questions.
Brenus69 is offline   Reply With Quote