View Single Post
Unread 01-06-2005, 03:43 PM   #206
LopeDogg
Cooling Neophyte

hey guys.

hehe where to start?

there have been a lot of intelligent posts about the benefits of marijuana, arguments why its not dangerous, why its not a threat and arguments against all those broken record arguments saying its bad for various reasons.

in a way i respect you guys for trying to open the minds of people who are trying to criminalize things they are not interested in, and get them to think about things in an objective way etc etc.
blah blah blah

personally i dont care.

if someone says to me "you cant smoke that plant" i say "f*** you" and i light up.
if i have to dodge the cops when im carrying a joint, it wouldn't be the first time.
things are the way they are, and i'm not gonna campaign to try and educate or change the minds of people who i believe are wrong. all i need to know, is they are encroaching on my freedom, and i'm able to defy them.

if theres a poll, ill cast my vote, but really, this thread is 9 pages long or whatever, its not worth my effort. im not trying to convince you guys that my way is the right way, but i wouldnt loose any sleep over trying to convince people to allow you to smoke weed. its not nice having crap laws sure, but it wouldnt be the first time there was an injustice.

assuming this thread is important to you, (which it seems to be)
as a suggestion, if u really wanted a constructive discussion, maybe you could have each argument for and against ganja in a list, and a mark next to it saying whether it has been proved true or false, whether it was decided so, by a couple of people, a judge or two, whatever. and the weight of that point. eg: marijuana can provide wood, weight of this point: rainforests no longer need to be cut down. and then you could click that item, and it would list counter arguments to that point, and whatever evidence there is on either side. etc etc.
its a complicated debate, marijuana certainly affects many things, just as alcohol, tobacco, fast food, television would affect someones life.
(moral issues aside, just looking at each one as an activity, and a thing which affects a person, their health, quality of life, motivation, achievements)
its not obviously harmful just as rape, murder, theft etc is,
"thou shalt not smoke weed" was not in the 10 commandments.
to decide whether it should be allowed or not is playing god in a way, its extremely hard if not impossible to know what the full implications of people making a law about a thing like this are... if you outlaw weed, why not outlaw other stuff which can have negative effects if abused, or used too much where do u draw the line?
making stuff like that illegal is simply playing god imo.
wheres my post going? not even i know

my advice if anyone wants it:
to the pro marijuana people:
do what you want and dont worry who approves or disapproves.

to the anti marijuana people
worry about your own life. and dont come with that driving under the influence crap, you know its a load of bullshit.

that came out sounding more aggresive than intended :/
life is too short to argue over crap. be merry.

peace

Last edited by LopeDogg; 01-06-2005 at 03:55 PM.
LopeDogg is offline   Reply With Quote