View Single Post
Unread 08-14-2003, 07:13 AM   #2
Boli
Cooling Savant

Point 1:

Water cooling via a raditor will NOT reduce the CPU temp below the surrounding temperature... the best you can hope for is ambiant (i.e. the two temps being the same).

Point 2:

You CANNOT get any better than an ambiant temperaure with a pure radiator so your idle temp will be the same. BUT when you but a full load working away the WC setup will disapate the heat better then your other setup so your temperatire at load will be lower.

Point 3:

Airflow... what I have found is that running many fans at low voltages is better to running a few at full. i.e. it is just the continuous movement of air you want.

Point 4:

I prefer a reservior which acts as the perfect airtrap so within 5min there is no air lefrt in my systsem except that at the top of my res even though it isn;'t at the highest point in the system. Though many peopel perfer a "T" join. But all of this is personal preference and space contraints. A res. is certainly easier for beginners though.

And I'll leave the other questions to people with more knowledge on the subject.

Hope it helps

~ Boli
Boli is offline   Reply With Quote