View Single Post
Unread 09-30-2003, 09:54 PM   #28
BrianW
Cooling Savant

Sin22 wrote:
Quote:
I bring you back to the thermal equilibrium statement i made earlier. The water will rise to a temperature that will be equilibrium to the amount of heat that is being dumped into it, and the amount of heat that is being removed by the radiator. Having a faster flow rate has no change on this at all.

Think of it as a F1 race car. In a 200hr time span it will lap a race course 200 times but if you take a point on the course and calculate the amount of time it spent there, it would be 200secs say. Now take a car which has half the speed. In a 200hr time span, it will lap the course 100 times. And in due course taking a point and the time spent there, it will also be 200secs.
There is an added benefit to higher flow. Higher flow will make the waterblocks pump more heat into the water. I believe it has been said that a sweet spot with heatercores is at a certain flow. I do not remember where it was or what the value was. But I believe high flow blocks like the Swifteck models do indeed benefit from higher flow.

Thoughts?

BrianW

Flow: Res, Pump, CPU watervlock, Y into both rads, both rads into res independently.

Athlon XP 1800+ (@ 1731 - 150mhz fsb.), on a Asus A7N266-c, and a Radeon 9000 *waiting for RMA'd Saphire 9800 ultra from Newegg)
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote