View Single Post
Unread 06-09-2004, 10:39 AM   #40
davidzo
Cooling Savant

i don't really trust you in the one case with the polycarbonate. I prooved it whith my construction and it diddn't work out. I think, that you'll have to make the space around the screws a little bigger, this is too thin that the polycarbonate will get tears (Risse in german) because of the pressure in a little time.

I know dremels, but i didn't expectet that you would dremel it, because i thought that you wantet to produce it in a little serie.
For a really thin channel you can use a diamond metal cutting, which is thinner than a silicon carbide one (0.2 vs 0,6mm) and is much more conditionable for more channels.
I wouldn't make the finblock out of that shape. The flow resistence is smallest on the side of the channels, because the channels are very short there now. but the most heat and the biggest Temperatur difference delta T is in the middle. so i would make the fins/channels all with the same lenght.

Wow this heatsink looks really heavy, and i thought that i had one of the biggest Graphics card heatsink (alpha pep66).
davidzo is offline   Reply With Quote