Thread: Galden ZT 150
View Single Post
Unread 02-17-2006, 03:20 AM   #34
Etacovda
Cooling Savant

Default Re: Galden ZT 150

no links, only plans at this stage. I deem watercooling to be a pointless complication for the power requirements of the parts im using, so im going all air.

I plan to use a passive psu mounted in a seperate compartment, to not be effected by the heat of the case. A series of ducts with the 120mm fan pulling over hdd heatsink, graphics/pci slot stuff, cpu, then out of the case. Im relying on multiple chambers w/ dacron + foam walls to reduce noise levels, along with a duct drawing from underneath my ht cabinet.

Basically ill be trying a few fans, and getting the most airflow I can without hearing it significantly (and my noise tolerance is pretty low, but mdf is a damn fine noise insulator). The HDDs will be connected to a large passive heatsink which will be mounted with the fins in the intake area of the case. I have a relatively small area to work with and want to have ease of maintainence along with several hdd's in the space.

Course, as with any project, revisions are pretty common at the moment. What i have built now is a simple dual chamber box with PSU/hdds/DVD in one compartment, and the motherboard in the other, with a 120mm fan drawing out the heat over the cpu HS. Its not as quiet as id like it at present, and its definitely pretty botchjobish, but i wanted to get it done quickly.