View Single Post
Unread 08-17-2005, 01:06 AM   #23
TNT2bluz
Cooling Savant

I normally try to stick to what I love doing while on the forums and keep my work from HWLabs and such interests away.

But yeah it is true, the Black IceĀ®, being the most abused and unflaterringly immitated PC Rad out there, it does suck so bad that there's only so much you can do against the Chinese.

It is difficult to price them out because their currency is way undervalued as its been known that they can sell their wares at below cost.

Most new users don't pay that much attention to quality or simply do not see the qualitative differences between rads and how they are designed. And I sometimes don't mind immitations as much as long as they improve on something (which they rarely do) rather than just copy the look and paint over all the flaws.

Then again one can wait for a vendor to infringe on a patent in a market that regards intellectual property as a basis of market protection.

It forces creativity and innovation.

Market forces...sigh.

But going back on topic, there's only so much one can contribute to heat exchanger technology given its practically at its limits.

The variables end up coming down to material and production costs once it becomes truly commodified.
TNT2bluz is offline   Reply With Quote