Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwag
Yay!
Then i got what i need.
Now just to find a 1/2" NPT tap.
I looked on ebay with no luck.
Anyone know where to get one?
Don't go crazy searching.
I can ask the mechanic at my step-dads work.

Will this work?
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/pro_d...re&dir=catalog

Also where can i get teh copper from?

Shwag
You should have gotten 1 1/4" NPT x 1/2" barb and a 1/4" NPT tap. 1/4" NPT is basically the same size as the barb (they are kinda the standard barbs for the watercooling industry because they are small and flow basically straight through.

These are 1/4"NPT x 1/2" barbs and a 1/4"NPT tap. See how they are basically the same size tubes as threads? Your barbs will end up being like a 1/2" tube attached to a thread the size of a garden hose. You will have a tough time threading the holes this way. 1/2" thread size and 1/2" tube size are not the same in any way.

Good luck trying to tap and put barbs on what you are doing, because it will be tough with the stuff you just bought.

You can get copper cheap at ebay, and a little more expensive a onlinemetals.com and mcmaster, although you will probably have a tougher time finding the right stuff at mcmaster since they have so much crap to sort through

If you are using a plexi top, I would recommend plastic barbs, plus they are cheaper and seem to hold onto the tubing better and dont seem to leak as much around the threads, although they may be less durable (I have never had one leak or explode, quite impossible in a good WC system anyways.). Mcmaster part #: 5463K465

For the tap: Mcmaster part #: 2525A113 This is the best tap for the money, as you will probably not be doing much tapping. Pretty standard and pretty cheap here.

EDIT: This is a comparison of a 1/2" NPT x 1/2" barb against a standard 1/4" NPT x 1/2" barb.

Last edited by killernoodle; 02-11-2004 at 02:55 PM.
killernoodle is offline   Reply With Quote