View Single Post
Unread 04-05-2006, 08:39 PM   #154
joshuass
Cooling Neophyte

Default Re: Post pictures of your homebuilt blocks here!

it was probably due to the fact that the mill was using the 2mm bit the entire time.. and i believe that 30hour time was also counting for programing the cnc paths since the system that was used did not like all those "islands" in the middle. As for the design itself, it does rather well analytically. Now once we get it installed, we will know just how off our calculations were.

I have my solidworks models still.

The block was developed for my P5AD2 mobo with a 3.4 prescott. The base has a raised circular base at the center 37.5mm in diameter. Since the block uses my existing thermal take bigwater mounting hardware... I would assume this block could be used universally.

And yes we were calculating mass flow rates based on a heat source of 160W trying to keep the surface at 30C (that was what we used to determine our heat transfer coefficient).

We also determined pressure drops. I ran some quick tests in COSMOS and it said the block when coupled with a MCP350 (300l/h pump) pressure losses were at about 1psi or so i believe.

Basically the semester was taking a design process to build a water heat exchanger. We went through sort of a design process to get that block.
joshuass is offline   Reply With Quote