View Single Post
Unread 07-19-2004, 12:24 AM   #138
Althornin
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pHaestus
Look guys:
I don't know how many of you here have had bad experiences while posting at OCers, who has axes to grind, or any of the backstory for this particular drama. I just ask one simple thing:

Don't let this blow up into some forum war or soap opera like bbs stuff among computer geeks is wont to do. I don't post much in the ocers forums (hell I can barely keep up with THIS forum) but I never had any problem there or got reprimanded. I DO correspond from time to time with JoeC and Ed (though Ed never writes back; I don't think he loves my comments on his pro-RIAA stuff ) and Procooling (the site management) doesn't have any problems or beef with overclockers.com (the site management).

Just want to clear this up (if this nonsense is getting picked up across forums) and again urge people not to **** up these forums while I'm sleeping and working and busy

I wish ALL forums had moderation like slashdot and shacknews; just moderate stupid stuff down and then let people adjust filters to suit them. Some would say that this is akin to censorship, but at shacknews if you use the appropriate filters you can see not only stupid and tangent posts but even see the horrific things that are nuked by the moderators. Or you can only read the posts marked "interesting" or "informative" or whatever and then skip 99% of the junk.
I don't ahve an axe to grind or a "history" at OCers (tho i have read there a goodly amount).
honestly, i jsut enjoy a methodology debate now and again, and especially one which falls into this form. No ill will is intended, adn if any comes across, its probably transmitted merely because of the vehemence of my thoughts, not because of what i think of OCers.
Althornin is offline   Reply With Quote