View Single Post
Unread 07-19-2004, 11:08 AM   #147
Althornin
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMOG
Althornin, that might have been a little over the top. I am not certain where-abouts we got so agitated, but I don't want any part of that.

I belive your intent is self evident, especially after the last post. You simply intend to argue anything I say and come to some "grand" final decision for all. I'm not in this to make everyone agree, and I'm not forcing anyone to look at things my way. If you don't agree, you have every right not to, and I'm not going to try to force anything else on you. Yet, you act like I am battleing you. I agreed to disagree with you quite some time ago, as I could see where it was going.

Going through life thinking that everyone who doesn't agree with us is misinformed is a terribly mislead philosophy. Personally, I can appreciate someone who thinks differently than myself. Though I don't agree with them, I can respect their thoughts, while having the CHARITY to believe their idea may hold merit that I am just not able to recognize.
Boy, someone missed out on large portions of my posts, where i explicitly say that i am not agitated, etc.

Lol, grand final decision:
Let me quote myself:

Quote:
Of course this is mostly just BS anyways - just an attempted analysis of trends - giving more insight to my thought processes than insight towards the plight of noobs in either environment.
That sure sounds like someone who is building up to a supreme grand unify theory or some such, and certainly i must believe everyone else is misinformed, for otherwise i could never say i was uttering BS! :shrug:

Your intent is clear - to pretend hostility exists where none does, and so get off the hook, so to speak. You are simply assuming superiority on a moral ground by stating you have it, and then saying "well, that finishes things". You then finish with a "I knew all along this was gonna happen". Of course, this is all after ignoring anything i had to say, by reducing it to "you just bonk new users!!1111".
Please.

And CHARITY - has nothing to do with it.
If your idea has merit - SHOW IT TO ME. That's what this has all been about! I am open minded - but i want to see your support for you idea - and you havent shown me ANY yet. What am i supposed to think :shrug:
Althornin is offline   Reply With Quote