View Single Post
Unread 07-05-2002, 01:43 PM   #16
V12|V12
Cooling Savant

Whoa, that's looking mighty nice... But, I'm not into that acrylic stuff... it scratches too easy, eventually stains and has a much higher random leak factor... as for whoever who was trying to convence me that The heat diffs between copper topped and acrylic are meaningless, obviously (no offense) hasn't had any material science classes or thermal dynamics, it's a FACT of physics that metal transfers etc. et.c et.c

Anyhow, nice design, I wish I had summer access to the AeroSpace machine shop here, but, I don't and I have to make due with some lame home copper tooling, which is like trying to go muddying with slick tires! Just takes too damn long and my dremel+ mini drill press kit is worthless, it's pretty much a fancy plastic miller.

I think what I'm going to try, is make an actual flow walling of pins brazed together. LIke the pic in Nbridge idea #2, where the pins in the middle separate the water in to 2 channels with staggered pins in the middle... Or course this sounds great and I can picture just how it's going to look, but the final creation will probably look like a mess and perform like one! My current homemade block is pretty hefty with the copper and all the cross cuts in the fins etc, but I've got some sort of mobo probe that is a POS and lies, as in reference to 40C idle@31.67 ambient... then a 40C idle@ 23.33C ambient...which is impossible! There has to be an idle drop if the ambient drops significantly.

Does anyone know where I could get one of them Diobe reader, SMbus thingys? I really need to get some accurate readings

***Damn, I should really cave in and buy a nice block, but I wanna build my own for some strange reason, and have tools and metal shavings scattered everywhere and then sweating over wtf the temps are lame! And then having to hunt around the physics dept looking for scraps of precious metal (copper!) I'm just a ghetto'd cooler to the core...that is unless someone want's to donate a nice, small, TORQUED OUT 10" drill press! Or a diode reader...
--1/2" Vinyl tubes
--Via1300-Stealth Mod(QUIET!)
---Home made copper-tube block
---PVC small internal res
V12|V12 is offline   Reply With Quote