View Single Post
Unread 06-25-2004, 11:15 AM   #3
Titan151
Cooling Savant

Yes I had some trouble in the begining with getting a good fill/drain setup. My chiller has 3/4" fittings on it, so what I do is connect one hose to the outlet side and then put a funel on the intake side. It's a big funel so it won't overflow If I put too much in at once. After I fill the res I plug in the outlet connection and fill my "T" line. My "T" is installed between the chiller outlet and the pump intake. I found this was the optimal place to put the fill line as my pump is installed at the lowest point in the system. After this, I useually lift up the pump as it can be moved out of the case at an angle. This combined with movement of the reservoir tends to get a large amount of the air out. After that I turn it on and top off the fill line as neeeded. It works well for my needs.

I will say that I had a bad experiance with putting a "T" line that was installed between the chiller and the Maze 4. When adding fluid into the "T" some of the water leaked out of the funnel and into the insulation. This leaked all the way down twoard the block. After that it leaked out of the bottom of the insulation and dripped onto the UV shield that I keep over my vid card when I am filling my system. Luckily all of the water dripped down onto the bottom of the case. Not the smartest thing I have ever done but a valuable learning experiance.
2 Gigs Corsair 3200
7800 GTX
Titan151 is offline   Reply With Quote