View Single Post
Unread 07-04-2005, 12:56 PM   #1
CYberDruid
Cooling Neophyte

Any Motorcycle Riders Here? Post Your Ride(s)

Hello there--new to this Forum--wondered if we had any Motomaniacs in the herd?

Just to prove Geek/Gearhead Hybrids exist I thought I'd start this thread.

I like anything that makes noise and moves (kinda like my 2 year old son) so I've been tinkering with machines ever since I figures out how to start the lawn mower...

May parents were strict and pretty much said if I wanted a van or a motorcycle (let alone alcohol or tobacco) I could have them--after I moved out.

So of course the first thing I did was get an old VW Bus and a POS CB350!

The missus is much more understanding--she just wanted one too--so between the two of us we have 3 motorcycles, a '62 Buick Special deluxe Wagon and the ubiquitous Minivan, Pickup, and for something a little different a Scion Xb.

The bike I really cherish the most is my 1979 Triumph Bonneville--I built it up from a total basket case to a respectable classic and have about 21,000 miles in the saddle.

The bike I get in the most trouble with is my 2000 Millenium Edition Buell X-1 Lightning. I have over 40,000 miles of evasive manuevers on that one.

The bike that almost killed me is my Wife's 2003 Buell Blast--it's so nimble and small I was having a little too much fun and laid it down one time--gotta watch that big old sprocket in the back--I lost some skin that time.

Here's a quick shot of the bikes...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bonneville.JPG (202.7 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Lightning.JPG (210.9 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg Blast.JPG (151.7 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by CYberDruid; 07-04-2005 at 01:00 PM. Reason: shpellink
CYberDruid is offline   Reply With Quote