View Single Post
Unread 10-21-2004, 01:16 AM   #220
Althornin
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMOG
Ah yes, a lesson in the straw man argument, always fun.
except...it's not. First off, you assume the original sentiment is yours (when in fact bob was responding to JD, NOT YOU). This invalidates your entire post, as the first opening lines about the restated position not directly reflecting the original sentiments is wrong, because it does reflect the sentiments JD said, that bob replied to.

in addition to that, regardless, they do accurately reflect YOUR stated original statements....

Bob asks:
Quote:
I try not to be rude - but I fail to see the contradiction that you seem to. IMHO being incorrect, particularly being willfully incorrect, is quite different from being ignorant.
Jaydee responds:
Quote:
If your incorrect your're in fact ignorant. Ignorant means "not knowing". If you are incorrect you most certainly do not know and are ignorant.
You say:
Quote:
Thanks for drawing that out JD, you caught the drift while I think bob took the wrong spin on it.
And then bob responds to JD, NOT YOU.

His re-statement of the position DOES, in fact, directly reflect the original sentiment, as I have established (bob says "incorrect is different than ignorant", JD says "no its not", you say "JD is correct, that is what i meant".)
Seems pretty clear cut to me.
Althornin is offline   Reply With Quote