View Single Post
Unread 03-28-2010, 08:09 PM   #8
Phoenix32
Thermophile

Default Re: A Case for SATA on 4400/4200/4500

FOLLOW-UP

Doing a SATA conversion in a 1U 4 drive unit that uses hot swap drive trays and RAID arrays is not as simple as it sounds. It is not easy. You need it done the right way with the right components or you end up with a mess that is not reliable for your precious data or some jerry-rigged octopus of a unit sitting on your shelf. BUT! This is what people like me and a few others are here for, to come up with the solutions needed and make it a simple 1, 2, 3, operation for the average user.

Doing a SATA conversion for the 4400/4200/4500/15000 is a big deal! I hope after all this reading you can see this now if you didn’t before. For a home user or a small office, this can be a very great solution. But in the end, it is up to you to decide.

I have NOT presented the problems with accomplishing a SATA conversion or the solutions to those problem here, but I will follow up with this information if this message thread (article) generates interest here on the forum, but you must SPEAK UP! Suffice it to say, I have the solutions and it can be done, easily enough for the average user.

Now I did my part in explaining it as I have been asked to do. No, I didn't do all this to hear myself talk, I did it because I was asked to. The rest is up to you all to provide feedback on your ideas and opinions.

YOUR TURN!
Phoenix32 is offline   Reply With Quote