View Single Post
Unread 04-23-2003, 07:58 AM   #6
BrianH
Cooling Savant

Thanks Enyin

Wow - lots of question.

I basically used a dehumidifier as is. I bent the coils down so that they sat on the platform. So I did not build anything from scratch except the insulated res, front and read panels. I am using 25% anti-freeze with Dex-Cool for anti-corriosion with 75% distilled water.

Yes there is slugging under no load (ie no pumps working) but it seems to be none when the pumps are running.

The compressor is rated for 6A @ 110v = 660w. I estimated it at 1/2 HP but it is probably more. Sears rates it at 33pts/day. I comes with r134a. Here in Canada, i believe you must have a licience to screw around with refrigerant. If I see this a a good thing, I may build my own and get someone to fill it.

There is no metering device except I am using a freezer's thermastat to contol the temps. Right now, I have it set to On @ -3.5C and off at -10C. Seems to be working pretty. May try to limit the range to 5C (ie on at -5 off at -10c). I am not trying for absolute cold temps here at this is my first attempt and it is a little scary.

My CPU did not OC any more that on watercooled. 155mhz seems to be the max for my 2.66!

There are a couple of more pics here
BrianH is offline   Reply With Quote