View Single Post
Unread 12-18-2005, 03:56 PM   #578
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

Default Re: Apogee from Swiftech...

There's a pattern to all these results, and I've only seen Roscal's review mention it:
the Storm is primarily designed for a concentrated high heat load. I happen to know that to be true, because that's what I was thinking of, when I originally presented the idea.

I'm starting to think that the heatloads with today's latest processors are past an apex of heat density and that as a result, the Storm design can actually have competitors.

But if the heat flux density rises again, I believe that Storm will make a comeback, without competition. It's hard to explain the logic behind why the blocks would perform differently under various heatloads (it shouldn't make a difference). Needs more analysis (which seems to evade us all, even with simulators).

In the meantime, Apogee stands as an equally performing block, at a lower price.

The only objection I have with the test, is once again with the placement of the temp probe; Roscal managed to slip it under the IHS, and got it to touch the core, but the temp measurement is still not inside (middle) of the heatflux. I believe that that's where the real measurement lies. I would like to see such a temp measurement taken.

This is a strange turn of events. I am looking forward to put Storm and Apogee against each other, under various conditions.
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote