Thread: New daughter
View Single Post
Unread 02-16-2004, 11:15 PM   #16
Brians256
Pro/Staff

Update:

Just got back from hospital with my new daughter but I didn't get to bring my wife with us. Hemmoragic stroke in the right basal ganglia and she is in the stroke ward. This means that she had some bleeding in the right side of the base of her brain. This made her lose some motor control on one side and have a difficult time moving, talking and thinking. OK, that's the bad news.

The good news is that it was a very small hemmorage and she is projected to make a complete recovery (timeline unknown though it might be as soon as a couple of days). Thank God, she had it while she was IN the hospital right next to the stroke ward! So, no worries, everything is going to be fine and we hope she gets to come home in a couple of days after they finish running tests to figure out why a 30 year old woman burst a blood vessel upstairs (normally you work up to this kind of thing by living for sixty or eighty years first).

Whew! Do you get this kind of excitement in your lives too, or am I just the lucky one? I have to think that there are a lot of you with similarly exciting events as well.

Now, off to take care of the four kids.
Brians256 is offline   Reply With Quote