View Single Post
Unread 07-18-2004, 03:07 PM   #88
IMOG
Cooling Neophyte

He probably doesn't infinity, haha.

@althorian: Note that my last line in my last post was not directed at you my friend, it was a general observation as to the direction in which this thread was progressing as some in participation here are becoming aggravated. When I said I understand your perspective, I was not saying that I think anything negative about it, just that it was not the stance that I choose to take also.

Aw, I think I now see where our true difference in perspectives lie. I don't participate because I think I owe anyone anything... I don't believe it is a prerequisite to owe someone in order to offer them something. Note that I'm not disagreeing with you, I just hold a different outlook. I recognize that I don't owe them anything, and their motivation for asking doesn't concern me... Engaging in the discussion with people, no matter where it begins, can often later develop into something productive and all sides can find something to gain from it.

I'll admit that I'm also somewhat of a philosophy buff, so maybe I err to the side of being too openminded. Could be a character flaw of mine.

@pH: If you end up closing this pH, I don't blame you at all, but I think this thread has offered something of value to those who have participated and I'm glad you left it live as long as you have.
IMOG is offline   Reply With Quote