View Single Post
Unread 06-02-2004, 07:16 AM   #15
gone_fishin
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinky
true, but ordering parts from different places, spending time on setting it up is not an option for me.

so you are saying the flow rate of the water doesn't effect performance?

looking at the review @ bit-tech, the reserator is on par with the thermalright sp94 heatsink with a burning prescott cpu. the objective of the reserator is to cool silently, i do believe that with the same amount of money, better setups can be achieved. but the investments in terms of time and effort isn't worth it for me. and since it performs on par with the BEST fan cooling solution out there, i'd say it is an acceptable standard.

not to mention, there won't be any need to mod the casing to fit the heatercore/rad, drilling of holes to fit fans, barbs, tubes etc. and at the end of the day there won't be any noise.

for its intended usage it seems to perform very well to me. last i checked this is a forum to discuss watercooling, low or high end. if these forums are only limited to high end watercooling discussions then i believe i have come to the wrong forums.

again, performance on par with the BEST air cooled heatsink is NOT crap. but compared to the best watercooling setups then it is pretty crappy.

you guys are saying a car is slow because planes can go 10x faster. thats a stupid remark if you asked me. the car is not slow, just that it has a different intended usage -- and for what it is intended for it is fast enough. but of course thats just me.

its not cheap, its not small. but i'd say its easy to setup and easy to maintain. do look through the review and its manual before coming to quick conclusions.

Paying $200+ to cut down on a few Db of noise is a fools use of money. No performance is gained over stock air cooling, and it certainly can't be compared to a normal watercooling loop. Simply relocating your box under your desk with stock cooling would have the same effect.
gone_fishin is offline   Reply With Quote