View Single Post
Unread 11-14-2010, 06:45 PM   #1
PC-thrasher
Cooling Neophyte

Thoughts on 6 pairs of peltiers water chiller

I have been thinking of building a water chiller, using 3 Koolance HHD water blocks, HD-60, sandwich two layers of six peltiers per layer, total 12 peltiers, connect in series of two peltiers, see rough patchwork below.
12 TEC cooler.jpg

I have a Meanwell PSU, 15V 40A (600W), which I plan to use on this setup.

The idea is: 136W peltiers - each pair of peltiers connect in series will use half power of one peltier, which is 68W. 6 pairs use total of 408W, fall within 68% of the Meanwell's 600W. See rough drawing here... HD-60s chiller.jpg

Power will be continously on, as long as the PC is on, to chill coolant, preferably with a reservoir. The coolant then will be pumped to CPU and GPU through 2 quick disconnection fittings. The coolant tubing can either go to CPU then GPU or split T-junction, to distribute coolant simultanously to CPU and GPU. Chipset, NB and SB could share in the cold flow.

I am also interest in using Danger Den's External 3X360 Box http://www.dangerden.com/store/exter...l?&cat=0&page= to house my project, with two 360 radiators to pump out heat from the peltiers.

Does anyone had other suggestions on this mad idea?

Last edited by PC-thrasher; 11-14-2010 at 07:44 PM.
PC-thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote