View Single Post
Unread 12-06-2004, 07:00 AM   #370
kozel
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by tromans
Hello, I have read a lot of the post on this subject and am in need of some help myself. I have a snap 1100 with 80 gig hard drive, os is 4.0.830 but I'm having issues with that version. I tried to go back to ver.3.4 but it would not load, it said not a valid operating sys or something like that. I have another 80 gig hard drive and follow the instructions from misterbill and I used an image from ftp://**** DOWN **** , but now when I turn snap on system light blinks slow and steady Link light on solid disk light flashes 2 times then on for 2 seconds net light flashes 2 times then dark for 2 seconds. I have not had any experiance with Knoppix but after some messing around with it, said it was copied, when I coppied the bin file. Can any one help?
Thanks Tommy
Sounds like your snap does not like the drive. Do you have a Maxtor ATA133 drive? I found I could not use a Maxtor drive even though it was a 5400 rpm drive because of the interface speed. I found no way to alter the speed with a util (like Samsung) so I used a WD 7200 ATA100 drive and it worked fine.

Last edited by blue68f100; 02-12-2006 at 01:51 PM.
kozel is offline   Reply With Quote