View Single Post
Unread 08-02-2010, 05:39 PM   #1
LarryInCa
Cooling Neophyte

Default Can't get into the web GUI on a 4500

Hi All,

I'm new the this forum, and looking for some help to bring a 4500 back online. I know just enough to be dangerous, and that it's easier to break it than it is to fix it. After doing quite a bit of searching on this forum, and it looks like I came to the right place.

I have a 4500 that won't come back up after a power outage. I've been able to get into the console, so something is up and running.

When the unit first powers on, it looks like it's trying to come up. It will answer a ping, but the GUI is still inaccessible. During that time I'm able to connect to it using Server Manager and get some information.

But after about 5 minutes or so, the unit goes unresponsive to anything other than the console. Lights flash, nic port flashes, but no longer answers a ping.

I've seen quite a few references to "recovery mode," but that doesn't seem to be an option that I'm presented with. These are the three options that come up as boot options, with the first one as the default:
  1. Opus
  2. Opus-alt
  3. tserver

I just let it pick the default, and watched it reboot itself. Hangs after that with just the console active.

I'm new to digging around in the guts of a Snap Server, and would appreciate any pointers. The box was configured as a RAID 5 (pretty sure), and the OS is version 4.0.228.

Thanks
LarryInCa is offline   Reply With Quote