View Single Post
Unread 03-04-2002, 08:53 AM   #36
EMC2
Cooling Savant

Default Re: Hit by a ton of bricks

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim
Well, not sure what you mean yet??
I added some images below. Are these the clamps you see? My other snaps were from a distance not very clear.
Problem solved, bad camera angle As others said, from that first pic it looked like the screws on that bracket went straight into the pipe.

As far as wcprset - what motherboard do you have? If it's a KT266a based board, the two bits are bit 1 of reg 0x95 (HALT detect) in combination with bit 7 of reg 0x92 (STPGNT# Detect). Both bits need to be set (be 1's).

* rummages thru old links *

Here's a link that discusses the whole thing and shows you screen pics of wcpredit and wcprset programs since you don't seem familiar with them

Or, you can just get CPUCool from Podein's site and try it without having to mess with wcpredit/set if you are leery of diddling with it yourself.

You probably want to test it first on your system - depending upon your motherboard and sound card combo it may cause stuttering in your sound. (mainly audigy sound cards) Note also that some people have stability problems usings CPUCool (or at least the early versions of it). This is caused by an issue in the Athlon when using 0.5 multiplier settings (they don't wake up reliably from a HALT state with 0.5 multipliers). The fix for that is an even multiplier (i.e. 9.0 10.0 11.0 12.0)

Last edited by EMC2; 03-04-2002 at 09:14 AM.
EMC2 is offline   Reply With Quote