View Single Post
Unread 05-20-2003, 05:45 PM   #33
Puzzdre
Cooling Savant

Duh, there are shops here (like small family bussiness) that cut, fold, glue and engrave signs, small price tags, price list holders in restaurants, mostly anything you need from plexy, but the thing is, they rarely use thicker than 6 mm. The piece I got is 8 mm thick, and a guy in one of those shops agreed to sell it to me, somewhat 1/8 of a square meter for approx 15 euro. It turned out that that plexy is premium quality, cos I worked (fan shroud for my bro's rig) with 2 mm and 4 mm low q plexy bought in regular hobbyst shop, and it was gummy, scratched most easily, cracked even easier etc...
I was lucky cos' the guy sold me this piece he had (when I asked for 10 mm and thicker, he just laughed ) cos' they're not eager to sell the material they work with. This was the scrap piece of the thickness just too thick for their applications.

Although I ruined quite a few tops, still got more than enough for my needs, and (THK YOU BLACKEAGLE ) some lexan on the way, just pm me with dimensions and address, and I'll send you some right away.

Just gimme some time to cut it right

Cheers m8!