View Single Post
Unread 04-01-2002, 10:59 AM   #68
Haddy
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by Pinkster
well i gotta say that watercooling is getting to the stage where there are a few excellent blocks around, so excellent that i think they are getting close to the limits of straight watercooling. just that some acheive this limit with less flow that others (ie a gemini normal channel)... which is why unless you want to use pelts i think the gemini is an excellent block, as it dosent require a huge pump (1048 is sufficent), looks pretty cool i think and isnt gonna fall off the cpu due to a massive weight... one thing against the gemini though is that with less copper should the pump fail i would imagine there is a greater chance of cooking your cpu, as some of the bigger blocks have been reported to keep a cpu below 60 degrees C idle temps when the pump fails (not a big problem with pumps like eheim obviously)

considering youve already got a massive 1060 i think you could put a lump of lead on you cpu, drill a hole through it, put on some barbs and still get good temps.. so i say get whatever is more conveinient, or cheaper, or whatever you think looks better cause with a huge pump like that the difference in temps between most blocks will be negligeble
yea the gemini is an ok block...but u limit urself for no tecs....GOTTA HAVE A TEC OR TWO!
Haddy is offline   Reply With Quote