View Single Post
Unread 12-02-2004, 11:39 AM   #132
BillA
CoolingWorks Tech Guy
Formerly "Unregistered"

all products will have some failure rate, be it ever so small
that there are 'isolated' failures does not ipso facto make the product a failure
its a question of percentages, the pump heads at 30+% (initially !) represented a product (application) failure - the pump was fine in systems with no inlet restriction (NPSH)

the remaining problem is electrical (hall effect sensor I suspect, will not start reliably if one sensor goes out)
these are the defectives that I'm getting back at 1 - 2/mo

"I don't hear any bad experiences from our customers regarding the AQX-50Z, too bad you did/do."
you phraseology is cute, I know nothing about the AQX-50Z, have never commented about it, and have heard nothing about it
I am talking about the MCP600 as sold by Swiftech

DD, don't sweat it
I am among the rudest here, I just get it back occasionally (deserved or not, lol)

your assessment is correct, Swiftech will trade a bit of performance (and noise even) for increased reliability

while Swiftech has been involved in WCing from the onset where everything was a DIY adaptation, the present intent is to provide a comprehensive solution of balanced components having those features relevant to WCing performance
but you can't cool if the system fails, reliability is now #1 here - even at somewhat higher pricing
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote