View Single Post
Unread 04-19-2006, 05:31 PM   #81
jman1310
Cooling Savant

Default Re: Post pictures of your resivors

Quote:
Originally Posted by File
What would be great is some instructions on creating your own resevoir. Currently getting together/building the parts for my own watercooling system and could use some info on the resevoir. Especially things like measurements for the 5-3/4" bay res =\ I've got some acrylic glass here in 1/4" thickness and I'm looking to build one but do not know where to start~
acrylic is both a great material and a pita material. for the best possible look and quality, it should be laser cut and should be glued with a glue containing methylene chloride. I use something called IPS "weld-on 3". it actually chemically bonds the acrylic together and makes it like one solid piece.
if you don't or can't laser cut, use the largest saw blade possible - as this will give you the straightest cut. weld-on won't work well unless the edges are very true and straight
finally, don't use fittings that use pipe thread as they have a tendency to crack acrylic
you want a fitting with a rubber washer and a flange - get thread specs elsewhere on the forum

jman

ps don't use silicon to seal anything as silicon is NOT designed for full immersion and WILL leak after prolonged exposure
jman1310 is offline   Reply With Quote