View Single Post
Unread 09-16-2002, 05:08 PM   #20
bowman1964
Cooling Savant

Quote:
So How do you controll all that exesive power from compressor if you pick one like you said 0.25 HP (183W) ... by lenght of capilary tube?
well my friend let me see if i can explain that .
first thing you do is pic the largest compressor you will need for the watts needed, then add some more because lots of things no one thinks about.biggest thing everyone forgets is ????????what cools off the compressor?the anser is some air if you use a fan ...most of the cooling comes from the system itself.so you must figure that into your usage.now how to do that???i cannt do it... only the compressor manufacturer knows how much heat the unit will make..lots of variables.biggest is how effecient the compressor is.so you must always go bigger since this is so hard to know on a used unit.
now go to this link and download DISKETTE UH
http://www.rsd-tc.com/ordering/manuf...isp.cfm?id=132
this program will give you it all.capillary size and lenght everything for there units.

now dont worry about being too big in power.a compressor only uses what it needs to operate.if i take a 1 hp compressor and install it in my unit i will see a small to not any cooling change. this is because the compressor cannt do any more than the cappillary tube or exp vavle allows it to do.so if i used a 1 hp motor and only pulled 1/4hp of load the compressor will only put out 1/4hp of work.but it workes alot easyer than a 1/4hp compressor will because it is not under full load.there are good capillary charts that go by freon refridgerant used and watts or btu's of cooling needed.this allows only so much liguid in the evaperator at a time.too much and you flood the evap and risk liquid getting back to compressor .too little and you dont get proper cooling under load.
i hope i helped if not ask me and i will try to anser some more
custom r502 cooling unit

3D2001SE 21315

3DMARK03 6659
bowman1964 is offline   Reply With Quote