View Single Post
Unread 10-15-2002, 07:17 AM   #7
Volenti
Cooling Savant

Ok I've got everything running sweet now, turns out I had a little bit of water trapped inside the CPU socket, gee I wonder why it was crashing Got all that sorted out though.

I chose that nozzle design for a couple of reasons, it's pretty restrictive so it boosts water volecity a lot (even with these "pathetic" pond pumps) I wanted a jet that would attack the core with high volecity water, but that would also allow the "used" water to get the hell out of the way once it had done it's job of scrubbing a bit of heat from the core. It's also stupidly easy to make and mount.

As for performance you should probably take any temp readings with a grain of salt, since we all know how carefully calibrated the in-die diode is but that being said this direct die approach kicks the crap out of all my blocks bar one, and is more stable at this speed than it was with the my best copper block (which was a clone of cathar's concept block)

P4 1.8@2.64, 1.8v , 10 degrees above water idle, 10.5 (as best I can judge) under cpu burn.

other points of interest, allthough I havn't yet tried one of my larger head pumps with this block(mainly because when I tested it with the jet it complained loudly) I did kill one pump ( I have 2 in series) and the temp only went up 1.5 degrees under load (that's roughly 100L/H)

The pumps I'm using are pretty cheap (about $15 US I'd imagine) so I may get another 2 and have 4 in series, that should proove interesting...