View Single Post
Unread 02-03-2004, 09:19 AM   #95
tobyed2
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meethoss
It's better to have the fan sucking air through the rad. Or in fact, better still is to have one suck and one blow. If I mount my rad at the back I'll have it sucking air in to the case and have the top hole sucking air out. I can't position it at the front bottom cause I'll have to cut out a lot of the case which I don't wanna do (the HDD rack is made for silent mounting - would be waste to get rid of it).

Yeah. I almost got the Tweakmonster ones until I realised they wouldn't fit. I'm ordering the other ones but they are out of stock at the moment. Kinda lucky my case hasn't yet come then. I'm waiting for a reply from Amazon and Overclockers so will prob re-order this week.

EDIT: Oh, and for the shroud my mums boyfriend is making it. I suggested he makes one either side and bolts them together through the radiator (carefully). Then I'll mount one shroud to the case and the other to the fan. Yours looks a little small It doesn't look like you can easily bolt that on. Maybe you could try some strong duct tape or something. You could epoxy it but you may want to take it off at a later date.
Yeah, I noticed the HD cage in your case, nice idea with the HDs through 90 degrees. The amount of times I've smashed my nuckles in the end of a graphics card getting the IDE connector off ... Mine Ive removed the blood stained HD cage (I'm mounting the HD in a SilentDrive case which goes in a spare 5 1/4" bay.

Hmmm, fan sucking air ? It just seems odd that when it comes to heatsinks the fan blows "onto" them ... Try blowing on your hand, then try sucking, which is cooler ? Can we do polls in this forum ? Just curious if anyones got any real stats trying either ???

God damn graphics card, "apparently" its an old one, thats in IT terms less than 6 months old ... Still uses DDR ram so bigger heatsinks, "apparently" BGA refers to the newer style memory post SDRAM/DDR which are square, Argh, buyer beware ! ROTFL

I got the same from Coolercases, the OCZ BGAs out of stock, I have found the "other" Tweakmonster ram sinks called Rev 4s at http://www.overclock.co.uk/customer/...=16517&cat=413
better STILL you get 8 for the price of 4 ! Woohoo. (I think I saw them at www.epiglet.co.uk too but were same price).
tobyed2 is offline   Reply With Quote