View Single Post
Unread 11-05-2004, 05:02 AM   #27
Cathar
Thermophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle`BuZZ
Those results are for the block Cascade. But with some more restrictive blocks ( like those we use in Europe such 1A or nexxos ) the best choice is for lower pumps.

For a block like 1a-hv2, the best choice would be the MCP650, MCP600 and probably the DDC and CSP750 instead of MD20.
/me glances up and notices that I actually recommended that the MCP600 @13.8v was the best single pump of all the above scenarios. The MCP600 @ 13.8v has about the same peak pressure head as the Laing DDC, but slightly more flow. Only if the MD-20RZ were a DC pump then it could possibly be better than the MCP600.

No, nothing different at all between what you are saying, and what I am recommending.

The slope of the pressure vs C/W curve for a particular waterblock is what also defines which pumps that a certain block might favor. One cannot base the distinction of which pump would be better simply based upon a block's restrictiveness, but rather how steep the pressure vs C/W gradient is.

For the thin-based blocks like the NexXxoS XP, and the 1A-HV2, these blocks actually have a lot more in common with the Cascade in this manner than you may realise.

Last edited by Cathar; 11-05-2004 at 06:04 AM.
Cathar is offline   Reply With Quote