View Single Post
Unread 11-19-2005, 02:13 AM   #95
ricecrispi
Cooling Savant

PR and marketing hype to take advantage of the thanksgiving weekend. Do you all forgetten about it? Also think about what comes a month after thanksgiving.....

How long do you think it will take for think independent test data will come to verify these results? Even when it does do you think all the noob will care if the results are 1-2C off. If it's less than 2C, lets say 1.75C, most of these people wont care. It won't even show on MBM temps.

Swiftech will just say " should be added that under certain circumstances, the Storm water-block may perform better than the Apogee water-block. We cite for example earlier generations AMD Athlon XP, MP and Duron processors where the die size is smaller in surface area (100 to 140mm2) than current microprocessors. In such instances, the difference in temperature was found to be 1.4°C at 100 Watts, and at the maximum flow rate allowed by our test equipment (about 3.3 GPM for Apogee, and 2 GPM for Storm). Such test were conducted using the alternate testing procedure described in the link below."

or claim differences in error and testbeds.

I just don't see how they just condensed the design of 5000-5002 series and got results better than Storm. I think they would get temps similiar to cooltechnica blocks @ 1c higher than storm but with better flow rates. I mean squares and diamonds are pretty similiar and i bet cooltechnica tried many designs. I see why they got the rights to StormG4 though, no competition.......
ricecrispi is offline   Reply With Quote