View Single Post
Unread 04-14-2002, 08:18 AM   #46
Jim
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyco-Dude
as far as the gap is concerned, that shouldnt even be a problem as long as its got a good seal. also, you do know that DDen sells replacement tops and o-rings right?
Cyco-Dude-
Yes I know they sell replacement tops, didn't think I would need one 24 hours after I received the component!

I thought of another way this top could be improved was to eliminate the counter sinking of the (4) screw holes and adding a tiny washer with a substitution of round head machine screws (I am not sure if this block is tapped or not, didn't think to examine the screws when I removed them). Thus the bearing surface would be increased and the chance of fracturing out the sides would be significantly reduced. The top could also be more solidly secured without reservations. Not as pretty, but function comes before beauty.

Jim
KRP-
You posted this idea I just pointed out above here, (oops) I didn't read your post until I had mine posted only after reading Cyco-Dude's response, you thought of it first and the credit belongs to you buddy!

I think this idea would solve the problem without having to change the top, and it eliminates four additional hole cuts. (unless they are using a counter boring one piece drill bit?)
Jim

Last edited by Jim; 04-14-2002 at 08:24 AM.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote