View Single Post
Unread 05-20-2003, 01:30 PM   #26
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

I cut blowholes in cases all the time. I don't think twice about venting a case if it's necessary, and I don't think there is anything spectacular about doing so.

I'm tempted in my next project to go for an acrylic and carbon fiber built-from-scratch case and incorporate an internalized/dissected Prometia or something and combine that with some sweet azz mini-watercooling on the NB, GPU, and SB. When done I want it to be a demonstration model to show skill when looking for a job on the other side of the mountains (I may end up opening my own small PC repair/sales shop over there). The way I look at it, there are no props for halfway: either you do it right, or you don't do it at all. You cut a blowhole? Who cares! You added a simple lopro watercooling system in combination with a phase change rig all in a custom case and lit up all nice, that is something else.

Biohazard grilles a mod does not make, but to make a beautiful and functional mod is sublime. I guess that's what makes the difference for me: the mod must be either functional, or it must highlight a functional custom component.
#!/bin/sh {who;} {last;} {pause;} {grep;} {touch;} {unzip;} mount /dev/girl -t {wet;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} echo yes yes yes {yes;} umount {/dev/girl;zip;} rm -rf {wet.spot;} {sleep;} finger: permission denied
airspirit is offline   Reply With Quote