View Single Post
Unread 05-11-2003, 12:31 PM   #1
phill9700
Cooling Savant

Different cooling needed?

I was just wondering in what ways would water cooling benifit me with tempuratures?
My temps are quite low compared to some, my CPU temp never seems to go above 36C (thats the highest i have ever seen it) my hard drive temp (maxtor 120gig ata133 7200rpm drive) doesnt seem to go above 24C and my case tempurature doesnt seem to go above 22C.
I have recently tried 'turned off' the scsi drive, as i dont have the adaptor card running anymore, although the drive is still in the case, its not working. I have also got back my 9700 Pro now, so im not sure whether or not that would make a little more heat inside the case.
I have considered water cooling before, but the thought of electrics and water installed in the same case, i dont think i would feel 100% comfortable with that and im sure the girl friend wouldnt either! but what are the benefits of it?
I have tried to include a picture of my case insides (this was taken before the scsi card and cables came out) but its still all pretty much the same in there.
Oh and what program do any of you use to get tempurature reading from your motherboards? i used to use VIA Hardware monitor with my KT7/KG7 boards, but now i have a Epox 8RDA+ nforce 2 board and the only way i can get the temp is with the sensor on the front (where the hard drive is 'plugged' into) or in the bios, is there any programs anyone would recommend to me that would be as simple as the VIA one to use and to read? And also, what programs do you use to get the pictures posted in the forum???? i have found that a 75000byte file isnt that big at all and is rather hard to make it that small!! any help would be really appreatied!! if anyone needs anymore information, please just ask!! thanks for the time!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phill\'s tower inside.jpg (58.8 KB, 130 views)
IBM Deskstar 80gig ata100 hard drive
Pioneer dvd-rom/dvd-rw
Xaser 2 case modded with 120mm side fan
Thermalright SLK-900U + 92mmm Tornado fan
Vantec 205SL Fan controller (controlling the 120mm fan and Tornado)
Enermax 460W PSU
Geforce 3 Ti 200 64mb
phill9700 is offline   Reply With Quote