View Single Post
Unread 05-11-2003, 02:42 PM   #2
Khledar
Cooling Savant

Those temperatures seem quite low for the system you are running, are they probe temperatures or on die temperatures? Also if you're just reading the temps in the bios I highly doubt they reflect actual "running" temperatures. But what are the room temperatures? (they do make a huge difference - like if you like in say... the arctic)

And you're girlfriend wouldn't like it? I thought the WC brought in the ladies by the truckload :shrug: - oh I get it, she'd 'get the jealousy'

If I had your setup I'd be WCing it up for one reason, big overclock. You have the nForce2 power - use it - If you don't care about that, think of how many 80mm case fans you could eliminate from your case, ahhhh silence. Ultimately you have to be really convinced you need/want water cooling to do it - or just have lotsa money.

Most people use Motherboard monitor(MBM) to views temps etc, it can be a bit tricky to setup if you have some off the wall setup, but I'm sure lots of people use MBM with your motherboard. Link.

Use compression on your images to make larger image sizes and smaller file sizes, jpg 10% quality might get you a pretty big and shitty picture - but big.

Also about your fear of electrics and water, you have water & electrics in your house, you just make sure the water stays in the pipes and sinks (don't forget the can&tub) and out of the sockets. If you "go dumb" and put a leaky pipe/faucet near an outlet/breaker box - you might end up with problems. Same thing with WCing test your stuff. I just read a WC review article today, and the dude was like I checked it by running it on the coutner for 24hours before I installed it.(paraphrase). OK - bad idea?(not bad but - useless) then you install it twist all the tubes around, clamp the WB on and squeez it in a case? What kinda leak test was that? Install it, run the water but not the computer - if it gets wet, wait until it's dry before turning it on.

But if you think your OC is good enough, your temps are reasonable, and you can hear yourself think - why bother? I like making things, I'm an Engineering student, I do it cause I find it fun. But the practical reasons are obvious, quiter or cooler.

[EDIT: My dumbness in writing]

P4 2.4B @3.01Ghz 167FSB :: Abit IC7 :: 2x256MB HyperX PC3700 :: ASUS 9600XT :: WD Raptor 2x36GB RAID0
Khledar is offline   Reply With Quote