Thread: block designs
View Single Post
Unread 08-02-2002, 04:40 PM   #117
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

Multiple turn = bad, because it's in the block too long
1/2-3/4 turn = good, because it's out quick and the entire block is cleared of water.

I don't want it to spin too much. That's the point. After 1/2 turn, the effectiveness starts to go down. All I'm trying to do is scrape all the water out of there eliminating slow spots. If it was to turn, say 4 times, the whole thing is a slow spot because it's in the block too long. See what I mean?

Oh, and the cone in the middle, after further reflection, is probably necessary. Like gone-fishing demonstrated, it'll mash the flow in all directions. That'll allow fresh flow to hit the outside walls, allowing maximum water clearance from them. That doesn't make too much sense when I read it, but what I am shooting for is for the water to be pulled from the sides causing spin, not from the middle.

Kind of like this. It demonstrates the areas covered by each outlet. Sloppy, but that's what I get for using jpegs in paint. The orange arrows is the water being mashed against the cone. The red arrows are the direction of force in the water being sucked. The two colored regions are the areas that each outlet pulls water from. This is essentially what I'm trying for.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blockd.jpg (6.2 KB, 183 views)
airspirit is offline   Reply With Quote