View Single Post
Unread 06-25-2003, 07:41 PM   #237
GTA
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by utabintarbo
Why? It would seem that one would prefer relatively linear (laminar?) flow down the jet so as to have maximum impact with the bottom of the cup. I believe this might be accomplished using a larger plenum btwn. intake and jets, but Cathar was somewhat dubious on that.

Unnecessary with a plenum as above.

I think this might have possibilities in terms of performance, but as Cathar stated above, not economically feasible. Too much complexity for the mass market. It'd be cool, though!

Huh?:shrug:

Bob
These ideas are not necessarily concerned with the cup and straw design in Cathar's block. They are general ideas that I am considering as possible avenues to new waterblock design.

As you mention, okay, maybe not for the cup/straw design, but does the thought of pre-turbulence allow for other designs that way perform well, given that the furniture inside the block does not have to actually create the turbulence itself?

These were not really meant as ideas to improve the Cascade, more as suggestions on possible avenues of thought on where we go next.

Lastly, to Cathar, was Dtek releasing their WW a factor in getting this block to the market quickly?
GTA is offline   Reply With Quote