View Single Post
Unread 10-06-2002, 05:13 PM   #66
bowman1964
Cooling Savant

well i happened to run across some .040 copper sheet material .i am going to solder the flat plates to the tubes horizontal.3 plates in all.coolant from video gpu and chipset will enter under the bottom plate though a tube with spray holes drilled into a piece of tubbing.this will try to evenly move to coolant under the bottom plate and move up though a gap int the lower plate.move across untill it goes up again.until it reaches the upper plater where it will flow upwards and flow over a dividing wall ,thus spilling over into a collection area where the pump will be mounted and pump it up and out.this should give it enough time to pull of the heat from the coolant.i would'nt be going to all this design if i had a large tank.but putting this all together inside a pc i had to maximize my cooling effecientcy.
and i am going to spray the inside with a sealant.proberly some kind of insulating coating.spray rubber i think.i still have a couple of spray rubber spray cans around here somewhere.
custom r502 cooling unit

3D2001SE 21315

3DMARK03 6659
bowman1964 is offline   Reply With Quote