View Single Post
Unread 02-17-2002, 09:20 PM   #13
Twitchie
Cooling Neophyte

I was 'in-between-jobs' from Sept to Dec. last year, and had the time to rip the compressor out of a bar fridge...

I know some folks are gonna say something about bar fridges, but many people (myself included) feel that the compressors are fine, as long as you have enough of a condensor for the heat load.

I have a condensor out of an 87 CRX, and a friend who's dad is in HVAC repair, so I may get him to set me up w/ a nice condensor...

I was thinking about using an old 'copper-cap' waterblock I made up a while back (a-la-SurlyJoe) and cool the die directly, but water chilled-cooling is much easier to implement...I haven't decided yet

I also have 2 ac window units in the basement from my brother-in-law, but again, back to work is keeping me really busy (software engineer)

Rotor: Welcome, and yes, I absolutely agree about the [H] forum going down the sewer. Bradford is very nice, I've played golf at Bradford Highlands a couple of times. Glad to see you will be contributing your input to this board.
Twitchie is offline   Reply With Quote