View Single Post
Unread 12-16-2002, 03:53 PM   #11
ymboc
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
[...in an earlier post, by aenigma...]
Ok then.So why are you recomending R134a if you "know the entire refrigerant field"?
[...snip...]
By the way that whole 20 years in the field means nothing IMO.As most a/c techs don't know anything, now remember I am now saying you don't, just that most of them don't.I know an HVAC tech that has been doing it for 40 years, and he doesnt even know the basics.He was absolutely stumped when I told him about making a waterchiller!
[...and in a more recent post by Mr. Baz...]
LN2 is lower than -120*F....I don't think he's gone that cold with refrigerant. I've seen other DIY units that have colder load temps...but that doesn't matter. I still like Bowman and he does good work.
[...snip...]
I Spoke with a tech at A/C engineers ( a local a/c place) and he was baffled by the work I had done on my unit. They know a lot, but in a different area.
Alright, that's it... I nearly replied to your (in my opinion) patronizing tone yesterday but decided to cancel the reply due to my own "am I actually contributing to this thread with this post" policy...

aenigma:
In reference to your first post, your the tone of your post is patronizing. Period. If were infact trying to be something other than patronizing (helpful, perhaps?), you really have to work on your delivery.

Note that if you re-read bowman's first post he specifically did *not* recommend replacing R12 with R134a due to the PITA it would be to change the oils.

Mr. Baz:
In reference to your more recent post,... More patronizing. BigBen specifically excluded LN2 from his statement, yet you go rub his nose in it. Same goes for the lower load temp reference for the DIY units. Is it common practise now to just shrug everything off and say, "eh, I've seen better"

The following was originally directed only at Baz, but in hindsight should be directed at both aenigma and Baz, but in a more general sense.
And now in reference to the A/C tech comment you made. You spoke to *ONE* A/C tech at one place... and you're using that *ONE* experience to discredit *ALL OTHER* other A/C techs everywhere? Really. Truism: A/C Tech's are people - they come in different sizes, knowledgebases and experience levels.

Consider for a moment that another reason 'your' A/C tech seemed baffled could possibly have been because the idea wasn't communicated effectively.ie: A possibility, but not necessarily the case.

I apologize for not actually contributing in reference to the topic starter's original post. But everytime I see some person rip into another needlessly on a forum, it just makes my blood boil. Yes, I did rip into the two members quoted here, but I am of the opinion that it was needed

[EDIT for mislabeled quotes the resulting misdirected coments and a few clarifications - I appologize for the confusion]

Last edited by ymboc; 12-16-2002 at 10:17 PM.
ymboc is offline   Reply With Quote