View Single Post
Unread 07-06-2010, 08:23 AM   #103
bitor
Cooling Savant

Default Re: Guardian OS units

Hello jfarrar42 , without sleds and the GuardianOS there is not much you can do. These sleds are hard to come by. So keep looking. In general, nobody should ever buy Guardian units without sleds because of this reason. You cannot do anything with this unit until you get sleds and the GuardianOS. The back com1 port will not do you any good without the sleds AND the GuardianOS together.
You can buy the GuardianOS at overlandstorage. Contact them to find out how much it will cost before you go on. The Snap4400 is EOL , so they will not have sleds to buy.

bitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfarrar42 View Post
I currently have a 4400. No drives and no sleds. I would like to get some sleds to put drives in but have not seen any available yet in my searching. I can access the unit via the Serial Port, but I dont know the BIOS password to look around in there and since I have no drives it just stops with a fatal error due to the absence of a bootable drive. I assume that the connector on the backplane is proprietary to the 4400 units? Searching using the DASN1...... numbers provide little info other than the relationship of the 4400 with the IBM NAS 100. I prefer the Linux base of the 4400 over the Windows base in the IBM units. My main interest was hardware compatability for sourcing some sleds. Any help in getting my unit up and running would be greatly appreciated.
bitor is offline   Reply With Quote