View Single Post
Unread 02-13-2004, 04:26 AM   #24
Groth
Cooling Savant

What were you expecting, jmke? An outline of formal test procedures customized to Liquid3D's equipment? Volunteers to edit out the pomposity and unintelligibility? I had some suggestions to offer, then I saw your "Apparently the big words are just too big for most of you" comment.

What the heck...a few general suggestions:

A reviewer who is "known for writing 5 words instead of 1" should never act as his own editor. NO ONE should be published with out editing. It's just too easy to re-read your own stuff and see what you meant to say, instead of seeing what is actually written (I'll be kind and say that Liquid3D simply didn't notice that easily half his sentences have grammatical, punctuation, and usage errors).

Even more importantly, have the articles read by someone who has technical knowledge of the subject. Obvious mistakes like confusing thermistors/diodes/voltmeters should be fixed well before publishing. Obscure things, like that the "System Thermal" in his BIOS refers to CPU throttling based on northbridge temperatures (page 6), should be made rare.

If you don't have anyone capable of editing or technical advice, at the very least have each article read by a couple of the staff/mods. Develop (and enforce) a culture where criticism and revision are acceptable and encouraged.
Groth is offline   Reply With Quote