View Single Post
Unread 07-17-2004, 07:35 PM   #39
infinity9
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
A good teacher will connect his students with the right information in the quickest way possible.
That's your opinion. I think people don't appreciate what they learn until they actually work for it. There are plenty of mindless clones running around. To actually spend the time to learn about something means you care about it. People that just want quick answers are looking for immediate satisfaction. Why spend the time when they aren't going to listen. Here's an example...

I had a man come in wanting a new processor. He dropped the processor and broke a pin off. He installed it any thinking that pin was just "extra". Guess what, fire. He brought in the motherboard and showed us where there were pins that had burned off into the socket. He actually believe that if he could remove the pins from the socket that a new processor would work fine in the board. I spent 15 minutes trying to convince this guy not to waste his money that it would simply fry the new one. He thought it was a risk he would have to take. WTF? Some people dont really want help, they just want you to tell them what they want to hear. When you do really help them, if its not what they want to hear they will simply ignore you.

On a side note, I did get banned from the FS/T section of OCF with no warning. When I asked why I got a response of "pretty much sealed your fate". I don't really care but was really amazed that this guy wouldn't even talk to me. He was a total ass. It was all over me not responding to him withing his timeframe about verifying an item. I always did notice that you were always very nice and helpful Imog, one of the few left there it seems.
infinity9 is offline   Reply With Quote