View Single Post
Unread 02-23-2004, 10:22 PM   #5
|kbn|
Cooling Savant

Ive been thinking what i could use the 2 meters of copper pipe for and had a few ideas.

The first I have almost finnished making - which is the ram on my 9700 which needs cooling. All thats left to do is solder it together, and make it look shiny

Ive also started the gpu block today. Pics of old one in first post ^. the main reson i changed it was because the diection that the tubing was in when using it, aswell as looking very bad. The tubing direction could easly be fixed with two 90 degree elbows as shown in first pic, but I still dont like it, *opinions wanted*.

I also intend to change the base of the gpu block, at the moment its flat so there is no turbulence.
Any suggestions of how I could do it? I have a some 2mm drill bits, which i could go about 3mm deep into the almost 5mm base - I dont have a drill press so it wouldnt be very accurate... Then i could use a reforced cutting disk to make channels between them, much like the #Rotor style of blocks
FYI the copper lid of the gpu block is currently 12mm from the top of the base though that might go down to 10mm, is that to far? would he water move to slow through it? Ive thought about adding a triangular wall/channel between the inlet and outlet - that could force the flow through any changes i make to the base.

Aswell as the above, I have plans to make a watercooled heatspreader for my sticks of corsair xms3500c2cp - they overheat past 2.8v and I dont want to use a fan on them anymore.
another way to use up the rest of the tubing is to cool my hard disks, which would then be suspended with rubber bands and I would use lots of niose reduction foam around them aswell.
The last idea I had would be to watercool the mosfets on my NF7-S, much like as done here and here. The second link is the article that gave me the idea of how to alter my gpu block, as before I was going to use the polyethylene I have.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gpu-old.jpg (26.4 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg gpu-new.jpg (34.1 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg gpu-comparason.jpg (31.3 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg 9700-GpuRam.jpg (40.3 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg gpu-silverbase.jpg (42.0 KB, 34 views)
|kbn| is offline   Reply With Quote